What is a smart tree?
Created by: Ashley Reina
Modified on: Mon, 11 Oct, 2021 at 9:41 PM
Questions answered in this article:
- What is the importance of a smart tree?
- What is the definition of the trees, branches, and leaves of the smart tree?
- How do I differentiate the features available for "Basic" and "Premium" smart trees?
View the instructional video(s) on this topic below:
Smart Trees is a concept we developed very early on with the vision to save practitioners time when creating treatment plans, tracking data, and note-taking.
Structure & terminology: We use a metaphor that is common to many of you who have experienced paper charting: The Filing Cabinet.
- Trees: You can think of Trees as a file cabinet drawer that holds all of the data for a given treatment plan.
- Branches: These would be the folders inside your file cabinet drawer. Branches aggregate the tracked data inside it. They also show a total count of mastered targets.
- Leaves: These would be all the forms inside your folders. They hold all your trial data.
An overview of the workflow for adding and using goals.
- Create goals for your client in the client chart modal - the set up - 4 minute tutorial.
- Add these targets (leaves), to an individual session - add to a session - 3 minute tutorial.
- During the session report on progress made in the comments.
- Share your session note with your client, so they can view goal progress and take action at home with assigned homework. - share a note or homework with your client - 3 minute tutorial
- View all comments on a particular goal in the client chart modal under the trees tab.
Comparison of Basic and Premium Smart Trees
Smart Trees - Basic
Smart Trees - Premium
Create new trees/branches/leaves.
Add leaves to session notes and comment on them.
Include leaf session comments in chart note PDFs.
Update leaf completion status.
Preview session leaf comments from the leaf setup
Everything from Smart Trees Premium
Goal setup and management:
Setup - Included features:
Advanced data collection
Data table and graph
Management - Included features:
Copying tree/branch/leaf to another client (no tracked data is copied)
Moving branch/leaf to another tree for the same client (keeps current tracked data)
Goal bank (coming soon)
Progress and data tracking:
Options for adding leaves (targets) in bulk to a session
Tracking trial data using the thumb up/down icons to trigger self-mastery
Reporting and sharing:
Real-time goal sharing via the client portal
One-click goal summary report
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.