Questions answered in this article:
- How to use the scheduler?
- How many types of session events does it have?
- Does the color in the scheduler signify anything?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect session?
- How can I share homework with the client?
- What do the 3 dots mean in the scheduler?
- Can I add a third-party contact and give them a notification reminder?
View the instructional video(s) on this topic below:
- Getting Started: 3-step scheduler (8 min video)
To set up a Scheduler, we have three steps to follow but before that, let's explore a part of the Scheduler page where you can create an event and how it visually represents its type on the calendar.
1. Go to the Scheduler page by clicking the Scheduler menu on the left corner of the page.
2. Click a placeholder of your desired date and time to create an Event session on the calendar.
3. An Event session editor will appear where you can choose Six (6) Client event sessions and Four (4) Non-client event sessions.
4. To make the calendar more visual, these events when created have colors plotted on the calendar. This can also help you identify your types of events and track your progress for the week.
- Blue colour is for client session-related events
- Pink colour is for video sessions
- Peach colour is for non-client events
- Purple colour is for team-related events
Now, let's go through setting up a Schedule in Three (3) steps.
1. For example, let's pick a Video Session event. It is required to select a service and a client or multiple clients. We should also consider choosing if it's an Indirect or Direct session.
- Note that a Direct event would be with the client's presence, an Indirect event would be without the client. You might be connecting with other team members, other third party participants, and you might be having team meetings specifically for this client.
2. You can add 3rd party participants and can setup a client browser or email reminder at the very bottom of the event details. Click the Save button to save the event session. SECOND STEP
1. When we re-engage that event, we are brought directly to step two which is the Plan.
2. We can put in your plan, previous homework, and previous note. Click Save to save changes or click the Next button to proceed to the next stage.
1. You can also click the Outcome tab menu to proceed to the outcome. If it is an Indirect session, the client's attendance is marked as Attended on the duration button. There are other Attendance statuses to mark like Cancelled, Late cancellation, Now Show, or Non- billable.
2. For indirect event types, instead of marking the Attendance, the Status is marked as completed. You can also mark it as in progress or on hold.
3. To share only the Homework box toggle the enable and share button, the homework will be shared directly with the client portal. Click the Check button or the Save button on the bottom to save changes.
4. You will notice on your session event on the calendar that it has three (3) dots. These dots indicate completion of 1 of each of the three steps. In the example below, the event session has not yet been marked for attendance or signed.
5. To sign the event session, just click the sign icon on the top of the event session editor under the Outcome tab.
Note: As you sign a note, you will be prompted a warning that you only have a 24 hours duration limit to make any note changes. After the said grace period, only comments will be available and amendments to the note are no longer possible.
6. The dots on the session event marked on the calendar will turn to green once the Attendance or the Status is marked and also signed the Event session in the Outcome tab. The screenshot below shows that the event session is now completed.