Questions answered in this article:
- How can I create a template?
- Where do I find the templates for notes?
- Can I add a picture to a chart note?
- How do I use the homework box?
- Am I able to add attachments to notes?
- Am I able to delete a note while it is a draft?
- What is the use of the "more" button?
View the instructional video(s) on this topic below:
Getting Started: Client Documentation (10 min video)
- Notes: Sharing to the client portal + homework box (3 min video)
We designed Therabyte notes with the busy therapist in mind. We want to not only support practitioners in completing their documentation but also include all related information to create powerful progress notes. That includes templates, images, pdfs, and a customized title.
Navigation bar - along the top navigation bar you will notice 4 tabs or folders.
1. Clients - this includes a list of ALL client notes and can be filtered, using the search bar to find keywords searchable based on the title of the note and filter options. You can filter by multiple groups.
2. Team and other - are a list of all notes created by the Team and other, non client event types created from the scheduler. These notes are intended for internal team/personal purposes that are non-client specific.
3. Templates - This is your library of note templates that can be added to any clients chart/progress note. Read the article "Creating Note templates" to learn more about template features.
Features within each note
1. Note title default - by default the note title be the event type and the service type combined. To create easily searchable notes, replace the a customized title.
2. Utilizing templates - Templates can be added to any chart note, keep in mind when switching between different templates that it will overwrite the data that you have already entered. So if you plan to switch the template after already starting your note, be sure to select all and copy the content prior to switching the template.
You can further customize the templates once added by adding more checkboxes, pictures, and bring in charts or tables.
3. Adding pictures - allows you to include visuals of your clients work from the session. Or to upload a picture of your own paper notes taken when you didn't have your computer present. Clicking on the picture will reveal the options for choosing picture alignment and the ability to resize.
4. Homework - For times when you want to share homework with your client without sharing the entire contents of a chart note. The information is going to be shared directly to the client portal. Simply toggle the enable and share button to the top right of the homework box.
5. Adding attachments - The ability to add attachments allows you to keep a fluid chronological timeline of client related events with all documentation included in the client timeline. An added bonus is that when an attachment has been added to a note, and that note is shared to the client via the client portal. The client will have access to the attachments.
6. Comments - Once a note has been signed and you are unable to create further amendments, you still have the ability to add comments. Click the blue Add New button on the comments section. Initials of the practitioner that left the comment will display on the left side of the comment.
14. Sharing options - If you want to share, download or email this note, you can do that with or without a password.
17. Other features are on the More tab. You can take a look at the signatures by clicking the history, duplicate a note or Archive it. Once a note has been signed you will no longer have the option to delete a chart note, only archiving it.